Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Thank you very much to Spillwords for publishing my poem "Dependence" today.

http://spillwords.com/dependence/





Dependence

written by: Linda Imbler

I've climbed the towering heights of wind whipped trees,
each branch a seemingly ceaseless life suffered and lived.
Climbed crumbling steep stairs, narrow, rail-less,
every lift a courageous victory
over what strived to drag or cast me down.
Climbed out of an abysmal pit,
out of the cold, cloying clutch of the dark of condemnation
and into the warm, free embrace of merciful light,
as if my life depended on it.
Because it did.


Afterthoughts for "Dependence":

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. 

Walt Disney

It is courage, courage, courage, that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor. Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity. 

Horace

Adversity is the diamond dust Heaven polishes its jewels with. 


Thomas Carlyle

No comments:

Post a Comment