Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Monday, October 23, 2017


Thank you to Editor Duane Vorhees of Duane's Poetree for
publishing "In Need of Company."


http://duanespoetree.blogspot.com







In Need of Company

Don't worry about me. 
I don't need company. 
I’ve a world filled with dreams and images, 
friends and good books. 

It may seem that I'm alone  
within this private zone, 
yet I have all things my heart desires 
to fill my days. 

But if you wish to help, 
then make my wish be felt.
Find someone without dreams or friends or hope - 
fix that for them. 

What a grand miracle.
Three lives now bearable,
such a large count at the end of all things.

We’ll change the world. 

Creating "In Need of Company"

We've all felt lonely at times.  The lucky ones' loneliness is temporary.  The last four lines speak for themselves.


Afterthoughts for "In Need of Company"


Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude. 


Arthur Schopenhauer


The weight of the world is love. Under the burden of solitude, under the burden of dissatisfaction. 


Allen Ginsberg



Your inner voice is the voice of divinity. To hear it, we need to be in solitude, even in crowded places. 


A. R. Rahman

No comments:

Post a Comment