Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Thank you so very much to Editor Veronica Bruce of The Paragon Journal-Anapest for publishing
four of my poems over the last few days.  I am honored to be a part of this great publication site!
❤️❤️❤️❤️


https://www.theparagonjournal.com/anapest







An Old Dog’s Lament

October 6, 2017

When you left me at the park bench,
I could not see you walk away,
But I knew you were gone
When you no longer spoke to me,
And your scent faded.

I waited all night in the rain,
Refusing sleep so I would not miss your return,
My matted fur and dry mouth
Greeted the sun of that first new day,
My first day without you.


My eyes had failed me the previous year,
And somehow I had failed you,
Although I do not understand how.
Should I ever smell you again,
I will come to you,
And lick your hand,
And ask your forgiveness,
For whatever was lacking in me.


Now I am elsewhere,
Being cared for by another,
I am one of the lucky ones in that regard.
There's new smells in the air,
But always I am searching
For that one ,which to me, is most familiar
And brings the happiest memories.



Creating "An Old Dog's Lament"

Occasionally, someone will adopt an older dog. And that is a wonderful thing.
The best of the adopters realize that older dogs have very long memories and 
really need that extra care.


Afterthoughts for "An Old Dog's Lament"

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.

Josh Billings

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and 
not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.

Samuel Butler

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

unknown 

Dogs have given us their absolute all.
We are the center of their universe.
We are the focus of their love and faith and trust.
They serve us in return for scraps.
It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.


Roger Caras


My Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment