Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Thank you to Editor Annmarie Lockhart and Managing Editor Nathan Gunter for publishing my poem in Vox Poetica.


Refraction on a Rainy Eve


10.12.17 Posted in today's words by 
Linda Imbler lives and writes in Wichita, Kansas.
Refraction on A Rainy Eve
By Linda Imbler
What you were, and what you are
Off-center.
What I remember,
And what I see,
Not the same reflection.
Sweet goes sour,
Taste no longer desired,
Your leaving,
Neither sweet or sour,
Just hollow fact,
Lovers,
Friends,
Enemies,
Strangers exact.


Creating "Refraction on a rainy eve"

In any relationship, when you're done, you're done.


Afterthoughts for "Refraction on a Rainy Eve"

I won't push myself to the person who only seeS me as nobody.

Anonymous

Maybe the most that you can expect from a relationship that goes bad is to come out of it with a few good songs.

Marianne Faithfull.

Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.


No comments:

Post a Comment