Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, October 19, 2017




Thank you so very much to Editor Glory Sasikala for publishing my poem "Blood" in this month's issue of GloMag.  There's a lot of really good writing in here when you get the chance to read it.










Blood


I have always been proud
of my distinguished benefit to this Earth, 

Yet, at times, 
my portrayal is less than benevolent. 

My most precious essence- 
as red as cherries, apples, Oklahoma dust, 
spilled in the street for the price of territory. 

Frozen by horrors of truthful revelation, 
thickened by cold, boiled by outrage.

Or depict me as the moon’s command over ladies, 
offering womanhood, granting new life. 

Some believe one shed me to deliver this world. 
Lifetime loyalties have been sworn in my name. 



See me as you will.



Creating "Blood"

There are inummerable references to blood throughout the Arts.  I addressed a few references.  I'm sure I missed many more.


Afterthoughts for "Blood"

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Yet his shadow still looms. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives; who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? 

Friedrich Nietzsche


The best blood will at some time get into a fool or a mosquito. 

Benito Mussolini


Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized. 
Daniel Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment