Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Thank you to Host Bob McNeil and James of Underground Books for the Zoom meeting tonight.

I had a great time and heard lots of talented poets read.



Dear Blog Readers:


Here are the two poems I read on the Zoom meeting tonight:














Having Found The Red Thread


Such simple plans, for we two,

Our best times on sandy beaches or kitchen’s cozy embrace,

Blanketing like woolen shawls.

We’ll stay warm in front of fish tank’s gleaming lights,

Against the chilliest nights, at days retreat.

We hold so few regrets.

Have perfect symmetry within this closed latter set.










Flight


I think of myself

as a bird with twigs to save,

for a nest of memories,

for remembrance of labors well done,

and much sweet music played.


I have, at times, been queen of all music,

enjoyed the zoom, the sweep , and the rush

of a soft landing after a rough flight.

I never found time for mocking the fates

at the fading view of day,

but made time instead

for singing life in deep-throated tones.


With dearest friends, there was never an end

to what we could talk about and learn,

no terminus to listing ways

in which we could leave the world a better place.


So we stayed patient and waited.

We marveled at how quickly time had elapsed

since the last sunset rolled along.

We hypothesized what might erase all our worlds,

and prognosticated when peace would come again.


I’ll recall,

when my final dawn sneaks forward,

the many grades and pitfalls

I stumbled through while remaining upright.

I’ll keep walking in shades of beauty,

seeing the twinkling stars play,

fold my frail wings in supplication,

and never cease to pray.


I’ll survive the stormy blasts

to walk beneath the archway of a rainbow,

delighted and delighting that I did not fail.


And get there just in time to the wind-kissed sea,

then fly lightly on my way,

as the dim of my eyes arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment