Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

 Four of my poems translated into French by Mauritian Poet/Translator Vatsala Radhakeesoon.

Poems by Linda Imbler

French Translation by Vatsala Radhakeesoon



The Lateness of the Hour


Had I known then what lore to seek as a child,

I would have learned this so much earlier,

Let all comprehension be reconciled,

And apply all of it throughout my life.

I’d spend less time being a worrier,

Make my base of knowledge sturdier.

And not limit my thoughts as I went along.

We search to find those who understand us,

When we should seek insight into other things.

Never think of data as superfluous,

Enjoy those sensations that deep thought brings,

If my legacy’s told at a later time,

I hope to have taken my own advice.


L’heure tardive

Si j’avais su quelles traditions à suivre durant mon enfance,
J’aurais appris cela plus tôt dans ma vie,
Laissant harmoniser toute compréhension,
Et tout mettre en pratique durant ma vie.
Je perdrais moins de temps à m’inquiéter,
en approfondissant ma connaissance.
Et ne pas limiter mes propres pensées.
On cherche des gens qui nous comprennent,
au lieu d’avoir un meilleur aperçu d’autres choses.
Ne considérez jamais les données comme superflues,
Réjouissez des émois naissant des pensées profondes,
Si  mon héritage est révélé plus tard,
J’espère d’avoir suivi mes propres conseils.


____________________________________________


What Burns with Meaning


The lace of stars strung like constellations

hangs as books on a shelf, lit to best effect.

Past, present, and future astral tales 

written in accordance with the dreams of man.

Trust the literary merit of

the dangling flares.

It’s hard to be sure

the twine of the scroll will stay unfading.

Celebrate the numbered hours, before the stars fly

away forever.  Appreciate those

bright spots that burn with meaning.

Count each syllable as a worship.

Seek the breath of those who live upon the skies

as collected thoughts.


Ce qui brûle de sens

Un groupe d’étoiles défilant comme des constellations
se suspendent comme des livres sur une étagère, éclairant le tout.
Les récits (textes) astraux classiques, contemporains et à venir
écrits d’après les rêves des humains.
Croyez au valeur littéraire
balançant des signaux lumineux.
C’est difficile d’assurer
que la ficelle du parchemin restera impérissable.
Célébrez les heures avant que les étoiles s’envolent
pour toujours. Valorisez ces
points puissants brûlant de sens.
Comptez chaque syllabe comme une liturgie.
Cherchez le souffle de ceux qui vivent dans les cieux
comme des réflexions collectives.


_____________________________________

Voices Of The Caves (A Shardoma )


My torch lights

ablaze cave paintings

I found in

France.  Bright hues

as reminders of

spring bursting with song.


I also

found paintings in Spain,

singing out

from stone walls

patterned with vibrant swirls of

that cave’s mighty voice.


La Voix des caves

 
Ma torche illumine
les peintures rupestres
que j’ai trouvé en
France. Couleurs vives
comme les souvenirs
du printemps rayonnant de chants.

J’ai aussi
trouvé des tableaux en Espagne,
chantant
des murs de pierre
entourés de tourbillons vibrants de
la voix puissante de cette cave.


____________________________

I Have Come To Know Things


The final frontier of my heart, coming closer.

The nameless thirst for life felt here.

No stars can die in this holy place.


It may seem as if I run alone,

my skin hot, but my bones starting to feel the cold,

but providence is commanding my eventual end,

and I have come to know things.


The last war, they say

will last one thousand years,

and I dream that if it happens in my lifetime,

you will summon all the angels,

and I will feel, each night,

your army closing around me

in order to protect.


J’ai appris des choses

La dernière limite de mon cœur s’approche.
La soif inconnue de la vie est ressenti ici.
Aucune étoile ne peut mourir dans ce lieu sacré.

Il me semble que je cours toute seule,
ma peau toute brûlante, mais mes os ressentant le froid,
mais Dieu ordonne ma fin,
et j’ai appris des choses.

La dernière guerre, disent-ils
durera mille ans,
et je rêve si cela se produit durant ma vie,
tu rassembleras tous les anges,
et je ressentirai chaque nuit,
ton armée s’approchant tout autour de moi
pour me protéger.


No comments:

Post a Comment