Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Monday, July 13, 2020

Thank you to Stephanie Bardy and the editorial team of World of Myth Magazine for publishing my poem in the July issue.

http://www.theworldofmyth.com



Old Time Religion after the age of Covid
By: Linda Imbler
Tiger cages masquerade as houses
to enslave our bodies,
but allow our souls to escape.
Divine rights of kings,
tear down the totem.
Righteous indignation, uprising of the masses,
love me or I'll destroy you,
worship me or I'll tear down your lands.
Social conventions, so well taught,
put aside in the name of survival.
Thou shall not kill or steal,
not in vain, covet, false idol,
no other before me.

What does my spirit say to you?
For truth is embraced there.
Too many conditions and we can't choose.
Back off, let me choose.
I'll find my own way to the center of all that is,
that light, that perfect synchronization
of what lives, breathes, thinks and grows.
Keep me in the tiger cage , if you will,
but the most important part of me will still escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment