Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Saturday, March 7, 2020

An Elfchen or Little 11 poem is one that consists of five lines and 11 words. 
It is a German form of poetry with the following structure:
First line: 1 word
Second line: 2 words
Third line: 3 words
Fourth line: 4 words
Fifth Line: 1 word


Here are some of mine:
Yoga
cures what
ails me as
I stretch and bend
Namaste


The
clock cries
as it chimes
my friend has passed
beyond


Zombies
often enjoy
adding some vegetables
to their meat diet
Kidding

never thought
I would write
so much in one
year


While
at the
zoo the elephant
looked at me so
kindly



My 
guitar sings
to my heart
through nylon strings plucked
music



Trains
always take
people on the
most wonderful new adventures
traveling

feel so
lucky to have
discovered books as a 
Child


Never
take for
granted love offered
with no strings attached
heartfelt


Stars
kiss the
night with gleaming
lips and teeth that
shine


Our
trips always
teach us much
and make us want 
more

All
those kids
I taught and
all I learned from
them

© Copyright, Linda Imbler, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment