Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Thank you to The Writer's Magazine for publishing two of my poems in the September Issue.

Here's one of them:





Dennys At Midnight

It seems now so long ago.

Hashing out problems,
and firming up philosophies
over priced right coffee and pancakes until 2:00 a.m.

Learning the art of conversation
from my tribe-
Long ago,

They still walk beside me.
I hear their voices ring and sing
in my memories.

Comfortable silences and smiles
or raucous conversation
disclosing mutual experiences.

Friends gathering in that nocturnal eatery,
lending support,
walking in while others walked out.

Today, I am alone in my thinking.

How I miss one of
America’s best therapy lounges.

How I long for the glue of firm friends
that kept me from falling apart.


How I long.

No comments:

Post a Comment