Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Monday, September 2, 2019

Thank you to Amanda Steel for including three of my poems in the Autumn Issue of Printed Words.


https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2c7528f98e8fa3c893c6c12d/files/655c1e3c-6bc4-4f0c-b32c-1a1b87dca51d/Printed_Words_Autumn.pdf


Here is one of them:




Dark Feelings about Daylight
By Linda Imbler

For those people never charmed by dawn-to-dark,
who pull the shutters closed.

These lines are written to channel a declaration.
It’s okay
if the taste of sunlight
is bitter for you
or if you 
can’t find acceptance among the tinny voices.

I’m equally perplexed
about those wildly dependent
on the communion of camaraderie.

Like you,I’m always leaning in the mirror
trying to comprehend why 
summer’s torch is always blinding.
But I think I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment