Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Big thanks to Nilavronill Shoovro, Stacia Lynn Reynolds
 and the Editorial Team at Our Poetry Archive for publishing
this poem in their January issue:

https://ourpoetryarchive.blogspot.com/2018/01/linda-imbler.html



RESOLUTION 2018

I will go where two parallel rivers run,
yet launch my vessel upon the calmer one,
between the straighter shores.

I will go over underwater rocks with ease,
for I will have believed in the power of early Spring rains
that will help the waters rise.
I will be buoyant because I have lightened my load,
discarded what would weigh me down.

And when I must follow a crooked course,
I will float heedful around obstructions,
past stricken, empty ships,
keeping my eyes facing the bow.

I will glide fast, yet true
along the shores of reeds
at open land’s edge,
and spy the glow-worm’s treat
and harken to cicada’s thrum.

I will attend to crooning troubadours along the shore,
whose well-wishing rhythm,
whose rhyme and meter hearten me,
taking me happily forward.

Later, I will listen to my fellow mariners tell stories of glory
and downstream, when I meet other sailors for the first time,
I will extend my hand at the widest part of the river,
for that is where the longest bridge must be built.

No comments:

Post a Comment