Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Saturday, January 27, 2018

A very large thank you to Editor Steven Burton for publishing my two poems today in Beneath the Rainbow.

beneaththerainbow.com




Photos courtesy of Beneath the Rainbow




Wealth
I’ve been rich for most of my life,
Lived in times of peace,
Times of strife,
Smelled incense in a dim room with ease,
Absorbed quiet wisdom,
Freedom from black pessimism.
Heard fairy-tales, known conjurors,
Have been both a joyful
Adventurer,
Or retrospect during lulls,
Watched heroes in modest bent,
Explain their most majestic achievements.
Had rumors whispered in my ear,
Chose to let the wind take,
So no one would hear,
Evil words never to cause heartache,
Sat by fires lit for romance,
Stared into flames and watched God’s dance.
In skies, have seen things fall and rise,
See thick fogs roll in,
Storms demise,
Felt heat and cold upon my skin,
Seen and heard oceans roar,
From my theater seat at the shore.
I’ll experience the wealth of man,
In things great or small,
While I can,
Live large and proud or not at all,
Pay others much through me,
Human responsibility.
Pennys
Moment
That frozen moment in time,
forever etched in memory.
What life remains,
experienced in stops and starts,
starts always back to that moment.
Regret revisited, constantly,
another chance, another chance,
that’s all you need
to turn the tide,
float you back to shore.
Your feet safely on the shore,
sand on your feet
to tell you you’re back.
If only you could go back,
to right before
that forever etched moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment