Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Thank you so much to Editor Jessica Brant of Blognostics for publishing this poem.  Also, thank you to Michael Lee Johnson for making it the Poem of the Week on his various sites.  I am honored by you both!



http://blognostics.net/blognostics-an-innovative-experience-in-literature-poetry-and-art/

The Egg Man (Photo from Blognostics)




 The Egg Man
The timing was just right
I thought.
A Sunday afternoon,
Sensuality reaching the boiling point.
A face exuding sweat
Soon discovered as tears.
I was his first,
since her,
and it felt to him
like betrayal.
I watched the Egg Man
crack and spill
over my sheets.
©Linda Imbler 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment