Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Sunday, September 17, 2017

I am pleased and honored that the esteemed poet, Williamsji Maveli of India, has translated my poem "Atop the Hill" into his native Malayalam.  Thank you, Williamsji.









Poetess Linda Imbler writes.....
Atop the Hill..
I see much from my place atop the hill
Harried mothers squawking
Old men numb with loneliness
Laced lovers convinced of privacy.
There are no windows here to close
No way to mute
All things are present to me
And I long for forgetfulness.
The sky alternately dark, then light
It makes no difference here
My eyes catch some movement
I spend all time the same way.
Seeing footprints in the snow
Seeing sweat dripping from hot bodies
Each season has its own true stamp
Watching them all rotate through the years.
Across generations
I observe similar human actions
Familiar, they seldom change their style
Going about their day’s business.
Perhaps someone will come relieve me
But as centuries pass, I realize
There is still no window, yet I hear and see
From atop the hill.
Copyright
Linda Imbler
കവയത്രി ലിൻഡാ ഇംബ്ലർ എഴുതുന്നു .....
കുന്നിൻ മുകളിൽ
കുന്നിൻ മുകളിൽ എന്റെ സ്ഥാനത്തുനിന്ന് എനിക്ക് വലിയൊരു ഭാഗം കാണാം
തിരക്ക് പിടിച്ച അമ്മമാർ കുട്ടികളെ വഴക്കുപറയുന്ന്
ഏകാന്തതയാൽ വൃദ്ധരായ പുരുഷന്മാർ
സ്വകാര്യതയിൽ ബോധ്യപ്പെട്ട സ്നേഹിതർ
അടയ്ക്കുന്നതിന് ജാലകങ്ങൾ ഇവിടെയില്ല
മ്യൂട്ടുചെയ്യാനുള്ള മാർഗമില്ല
എല്ലാം എനിക്ക് മുന്നിൽ
ഞാൻ മറന്നുപോയതാണ്.
ആകാശം വെളിച്ചം ഇരുണ്ടതും പിന്നെ വെളിച്ചം
ഇവിടെ വ്യത്യാസമില്ല
എന്റെ കണ്ണുകൾ ചില ചലനങ്ങളെ പിടിക്കുന്നു
ഞാൻ എല്ലാ സമയത്തും ഒരേ സമയം ചെലവഴിക്കുന്നു.
മഞ്ഞിൽ കാൽപ്പാടുകൾ കാണുക
ചൂടുവെള്ളത്തിൽ നിന്ന് പൊഴിക്കുന്ന വിയർപ്പ് കാണും
ഓരോ സീസണിലും അതിന്റെ യഥാർത്ഥ അടയാളം കാണാം
എല്ലാവരെയും നിരീക്ഷിക്കുന്നത് വർഷങ്ങളിലൂടെ തിരിക്കുക.
തലമുറകൾ മുഴുവൻ
ഞാൻ സമാനമായ മനുഷ്യ പ്രവൃത്തികൾ നിരീക്ഷിക്കുന്നു
പരിചയപ്പെട്ട, അവ അവരുടെ ശൈലി മാറ്റില്ല
അവരുടെ ദിവസത്തെ കച്ചവടത്തിന് പോകുന്നു.
ഒരുപക്ഷേ ആരെങ്കിലും എന്നെ രക്ഷിക്കും
എന്നാൽ നൂറ്റാണ്ടുകളായി കടന്നു പോകുമ്പോൾ ഞാൻ മനസ്സിലാക്കുന്നു
ഇപ്പോഴും വാതായനം ഇല്ല, ഞാൻ കേൾക്കുകയും കാണുകയും ചെയ്യുന്നു
കുന്നിൻ മുകളിൽ നിന്ന്.
പകർപ്പാവകശം
ലിൻഡാ ഇംബ്ലർ

No comments:

Post a Comment