Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Creating "If Yellow Sang To Me"

This was a fun write for a couple of reasons.  First, as an avid list maker (I have a kangaroo mind,) I enjoyed brainstorming yellow things.  Secondly, I reveled in the challenge of creating this-the second of two experimental style poems, the other forthcoming in another publication.  My experimental bent is in its infancy, but I am learning to follow my own motto:  "the style fits the poem, not the other way around."







https://zingarapoet.net



It was published in Zingara Poet: August, 2017

Thank you, Editor Lisa Jackson-Hase

If Yellow Sang To Me by Linda Imbler


If yellow sang to me of bright sun’s day,
the consonance of corn on the cob served at picnics
sweet cream butter at the side
If yellow sang to me as I watch the march
of lemony taxicabs
transporting frazzled strangers
from airports to who knows where
The rhythm of bouncing saffron school buses conveying our future
A vase of sunflowers painted on canvas, the romantic interpretation
through beautiful hands belonging to Van Gogh,
harvest gold portrayed
Stunning yellow tang, the maestro, swimming amid corals in clear water
A cadence of newly sharpened pencils united with
cobalt legal pads
The aria of a canary’s song
A polyphony-
Bananas to be peeled and sliced
placed atop cereal
If yellow sang to me.

2 comments: