Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Creating "Ascension"

Ascension is defined as 'the act of rising to an important position or a higher level.'  I could think of no "checkpoint" higher than the one described.





Extract from "Ascension"


"Climb the wall of eternity
With pitons formed from undone deeds,

Backpack filled with words in like manner unspoken,"


This poem was published in my poetry collection "Big Questions, Little Sleep."

Afterthoughts for "Ascension"


To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palms of your hand and eternity in an hour.

William Blake


I existed from all eternity and, behold, I am here; and I shall exist till the end of time, for my being has no end.

Khalil Gibran


Hesitation before birth. If there is a transmigration of souls then I am not yet on the bottom rung. My life is a hesitation before birth.

 Franz Kafka


No comments:

Post a Comment