Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Sunday, May 2, 2021

 Thank you to Glory Sasikala of GloMag for publishing my poem in the May issue.






Orchard’s Joy


I stand tall within this orchard.


Pecans fall off my branches like raindrops.


I hear below me the cracking and snapping

of the husks caused by many creatures.

I hear animals gathering those dropped brown pearls of wisdom.

They open them like fortune cookies,

and from within them, they hear

nature’s wisdom being broadcast:


Examine everything closely.

Learn from your senses.

Play is a great way to learn.

Turn inward when its your time to die.

The nighttime hides the most secret of facts.


All heed those insights:

The zigzagging deer or coyote,

waddling raccoons,

hopping and skittering mice and red squirrels,

chattering birds,

lumbering cows,

strutting turkeys,

and the ever wandering possum.


I speak to the animals by virtue of my fruits,

and in return, I receive much joy 

from watching them frolic at my feet.


It is the most delightful of exchanges.


No comments:

Post a Comment