Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Thank you to Herojit Philem of Literary Garland for publishing my poem today in the August issue.


https://literary-garland.blogspot.com/2020/08/linda-imbler-peace-of-my-heart.html





The Peace of my Heart

That certain part of me you took when you left,
Pieces of my heart that I gave to you,
Hold on to them and keep them very close
Until we have the chance to meet anew.
Kept safe in your quiet haven below,
Colors of love from an artist’s palette,
Gifts with loving quality you well know,
Within the ark you alone inhabit.
Gifts keeping memory of me alive.
I do not miss what I bequeathed to you,
Knowing that where you are you would need them.
My love and peace given to you so true,
The best parts of me borrowed for a time,
We will in future share on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment