Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Monday, August 31, 2020

Thank you, David K. Montoya of World of Myth Magazine for publishing my poem today.


http://www.theworldofmyth.com






I'm Not Going To Let Fear Drive My Performance


What will still me as much as courage?
Amid a welter of conflicting images,
is brought the wreck of rumor and innuendo.
I'll plan my future,
won't listen to provocations,
won't perform in this Gothic-styled tragedy,
for beyond this curtain, my own stage calls me.

Some believe lies give strength,
enjoy a fear compounded,
but, there's pain in false memory,
an uncomfortable, unreal quality.

In the chill of others' darkness,
I'll let love and truth
warm my road,
under a blue sky lit,
bright and reflective,
and forge myself
as a new coin agleam.

The strength of truth
is its inevitable unmasking.

This poem has had its say.

No comments:

Post a Comment