Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Tuesday, December 5, 2017





Declaration


When I am old,
And called across the sea,
And beauty, peace, and ecstasy unfold,
Make no sad laments for me.

A quiet shore awaits,
Those long passed, I’ll meet again,
Within majestic open gate,
The happiest I'll ever be.

I'll walk the pathway,
Abounding sights,
Shoreline blue and silver gray,
Days and nights now finite.

And when you come
And call and look for me
Follow the silence to my sanctum

On the shore along the sea.


Afterthoughts for "Declaration"


My soul can find no staircase to Heaven unless 
it be through Earth's loveliness.



On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it.



If Heaven exists, to know that there's laughter, that would be a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment