Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Monday, June 7, 2021










Buried Treasure


Donating those precious gems

and capturing bodily mementos,

otherwise brought to an end,

will be treasure I will gladly share.


Why should my heart be still?    

Why should my eyes no longer see?


Much of me will be absent,

while sad murmuring music

is played in requiem,

for what is considered the due solemnity of the occasion.


Meanwhile, someone will be able to continue

much of my physical history,

and the wonder of my design will not be wasted.


So, do not bury me with such great riches.

Just as ancestors bequeath that of most value,

so will I pass on my fortunes,

and know I have improved another’s life.


© Imbler, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment