Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, September 24, 2020

 Thank you to David K. Montoya and the editorial staff at The World Of Myth for publishing my poem today.

http://theworldofmyth.com/?fbclid=IwAR1OuMOvCf1bjVPB_X6bsnCRN3reQ8TB3uci-oWQtmzu3UA-EEtZye_X144








Doom and Gloom Upon the Ides


They rendered unto Caesar his dying breath.

Left him without thought, nor eye, nor ear.

You rendered unto me your uncool betrayal.

Left me with neither trust nor peace.


I didn’t hear then that raven’s call, 

the clear warning 

of that dark bird, 

who came as the harbinger of your designs

that snapped my nerves,

laid the weight carried by a Titan’s son

across my chest.


Treachery, deception,

undertaken in that blip of time

that divides the long eternities,

both before and after you.


That now loudly sounding blip I crawl through,

each year on the Ides of March.






No comments:

Post a Comment