Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Thank you to Storm and her team for publishing three of my poems in The Writers and Readers Magazine today.






















https://thewritersandreadersmagazine.com/







Planes Within The Plains

The industry of Wichita
sky fliers
outsiders come to build planes

from the upstate part of
New York
with its rolling hills

outside of Albany
to its
high rises of the Big Apple

serious men and women
who understood wings and
fuselage, would-be modern day Da Vincis

and others as wanna-be
Wilburs
Orvilles and Amelias

twenty four hours of riveting,
flaps and
landing gears built to specs

aircraft knowledge passed down
from local
parent to child

Seattle cousins coming
temporarily
to help meet deadlines

giant manufactories
born of vision
to see the world from the sky.




What Words Mean

Great ideas in a single word,
such as the term ‘honor’ heard.
We seek to find this within,
using all our discipline.
We must adjust self-control,
Keeping courage in our souls.
Renown becomes decency.
Fairness pours forth easily.






How Do I Dream?

I gazed with wonder and delight
as the fall of monsters shook the Earth,
and effervescent spirits
became balanced between nowhere and now.
I forgave the winds, 
and the Undines, 
those elemental beings of water,
those paper tigers.
I walked through a door
of many colors.
Its soft archway still and grand,
and saw novel birds atop golden branches.

I saw a fly within its webbed cell.
On the ground, lay hatched fragile shells
but, no hatchlings were near.
A silent coil of that forgiven wind
lifted my hair ever so gently.

A clear horn blew from atop a shut temple,
and all the caves began to sing.
Within the heart of their song,
they said to me,
”Carry all the love you have collected,
and spread it on the fields of tomorrow.”

And, I slept within a sparrow’s nest
as the night light died,
and all heavenly visions were seen,
I, me, mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment