Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Saturday, May 23, 2020

From my paperback book, "Bus Lights, Travel Sights"




Finding Helium As You Travel

Perhaps you think I have floated away 
among all these lusters.

Look for me- 
atop the hills of Kentucky,
with mint green grass 
and vivid, violet patches,
below cobalt skies.

Touch my sun-kissed skin-
while standing beside sepia white sandy shores,
bearing baby powder pebbles,
next to turquoise pearl seas,
below cerulean shamrock waves.

Search for my eyes-
across fields of inchworm olive green,
amid plants of purple pizzaz,
and leaves of screamin’ green,
flowers of cotton candy razzamatazz.

Hear my heart beat-
along the trails found on desert sands,
glowing as mango tango, orange maroon,
neon carrot, middle yellow, or bittersweet.

Hunt for my soul-
Within the regal St.Peter’s Church,
set surreptitiously atop
silver, periwinkle glaciers,
reflecting blizzard blue.

Taste my lips-
at the apex of the mountains,
made of eggplant, umber,
and sun-glow rock.

I sit and wait for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment