Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Thank you to Jay Faulkner of With Painted Words for publishing my poem.


https://www.withpaintedwords.com/view_submission.php?news_id=1393







The Hunter of Words


I was never a predator
until I discovered the prey of books.

Like the last call at the bar,
I tell myself I must finish
the current chapter
before closing the cover’s door.

My reader’s attitude never grows jaded.

Every re-read of Pinter’s Betrayal
is more bitter than before.
Each revisit to Narnia,
a fresh slice of Heaven’s sweet pastry.

For too soon the pulse of life is stilled,

And while, many say that at worst,
death is a nothingness.
I disagree.
At worst, it’s a place without books.

No comments:

Post a Comment