Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Thank you to John Patrick Robbins for publishing my poem in Under The Bleachers today.







Kiss Like Jagger

The night before his sex-reassignment surgery,
I kissed Mick Jagger goodbye.
(surgery deemed necessary to increase today’s 
relevancy for a rock band with fifty-plus years 
of formulaic riffs and moves.)
His mouth was wrinkled and stiff.
He was hesitant at first.
He said, “She (Gladys, that is) won’t let me.”
But, once I put my lips on that famous pout,
he relaxed into the kiss.
A kiss lasting but a few seconds,
brief, but thorough. 
As our faces moved apart,
his eyes found their smile.


Relinquishing a 76-year old rooster’s ego won’t be easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment