Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Thank you, Editor Sunil Sharma, of Setu Magazine for publishing "The Voice Within Me."

https://www.setumag.com/2019/04/Poetry-linda-imbler.html?spref=fb





The Voice Within Me: Linda Imbler

In what part of the body is my say so?

Wherein lies my inner speech,
that place from which
my internal monologue holds court?

In whom do I place my trust?
And how should I find the courage to
entertain the strange fancies there?

I believe it’s my heart
that tells me whether to tarry
in shady places,
or to find respite on the sunny side of life.

I am honored to be
the mistress of my own head,
to weigh my own decisions,
by approving my private visions,
public opinion can hold its own parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment