Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Sunday, February 10, 2019


Thank you to Shahabat Hossain and Zafira Zaman for publishing my poem in Issue 4 of The Conclusion Magazine.





Furnished


Inside my heart and head, within each place,
there's not a room but a nook,
sheltering what I most cherish,
retaining that with which I am most loathe to part.

I need not cry aloud my need
to keep these treasured things held dear.
The eyes of the universe have already seen within
and knows what I desire to keep or to share.

It knows what I long to pull from the sweet, secret chambers,
once sheathed, enclosed where sleeps some dreams deep and with calm,
while others pace fitfully throughout all hours,
transport themselves along my halls,
and through the open door to be moved into the light of day.

Some of these things exist until a reconsideration of need
based on circumstances brings them forth.
These I am willing to set free for all time.

But always there is a firm, stanch, unchanging
placement of some items which I am determined to keep.
Furnishings rearranged, but never discarded,
my un-shaking, unwavering, resolute reverence
for pieces which reflect love, peace, and hope,
my ardent determination to listen for and respond to
a cry for the needs of others.
These are things with which I must always furnish myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment