Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Thank you to Editor Mark Antony Rossi for publishing my poem in Ariel Chart.

https://arielchart.blogspot.com/2019/01/ivory-towers.html?m=1






Ivory Towers







This is not my first burial.

I used to pray

while wearing painted clothes.

Now I don only dull sin cloth.

All my favors devoured

within the walls of desecrated ivory towers.



I

not quite elderly,

yet my youth entirely spent.



A mirrored encounter,

my history sung

within the moth-eaten pages of a diary.



Youthful yesterdays bound for discovery

laid out fine and

set on repeat.

Lessons doomed for duplication

throughout all my ages.

For I have yet to absorb

that when all manner of positive things

are finally fulfilled,

all will be returned to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment