Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Monday, July 9, 2018

Thank you very much to the editors at Remington Review for publishing my poem "Feel His Disease."





https://www.flipsnack.com/Remingtonreview/remington-review-summer-2018.html


Feel His Disease

You have always found a way to haunt me,
although yesterday was years ago.
After each night yawns
and midnight has settled into sleep,
you come with your graveyard eyes,
your persistent motif of possessiveness,
trying to gift me once again
with stuffed animals 
that shed decades of lint and false fur,
or jewelry that lost its sparkle
and now lays in your hand corroded and corrupt.
All the things that never, ever mattered.

Because all I wanted and needed from you,
were not the darkling, nightmare eyes,
but eyes that really saw me

and reflected the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment