Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Big thanks to Editors Stacia Lynn Reynolds and Nilavro Nill Shoovro of Our Poetry Archive for publishing my three poems today.
https://ourpoetryarchive.blogspot.com/2018/05/linda-imbler.html





REAL LIFE
(For You, Stephen Hawking)

My soul’s greatest peace lies somewhere beyond the moon.
In time, I will travel to that place and settle there.

For now, only in my mind may I visit,
and upon each returning, I become more convinced
that I exist now only in a shadowland, as if behind a sheet,
set up for a puppet theater.

I am a silhouette and all I see are the same.
When I, once and for all, can walk through that realm
and touch the things that provide its array,
I will experience the first reality I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment