Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Thank you to the Editors at Ramingo's Porch for publishing "Light in the Garden of Love and Justice" and for the interview.
How long have you been writing?
For myself, since childhood.  For the public, I wrote my first poem in January, 2015.

What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment as a writer?
My work is meant for discussion.  Always.  There are always layers within each piece written using my own, unique voice.

What projects of yours have been recently published?
‘Safe Passage’ in Society of Classical Poets and ‘Thankfulness’ in Treehouse Arts are the most recent.

What are you currently working on and what inspired this work?
‘My Silence Shouts’ was just completed.  It’s a reply to someone who is asking for advice about how to deal with a bad relationship.

Where can we find your work?
My blog is lindaspoetryblog.blogspot.com.  The book “Big Questions, Little Sleep” is available from amazon.com in both paperback or Kindle versions.  
I also post links to newly published work on my Facebook page.

How do you react to rejections?
As a Taurus, stubbornness is my middle name.  For every rejection I receive, I send out two more submissions.  I’m aware poetry is subjective.  
I understand this as it is for me also.

How do you react when one of your submissions is accepted for publication?
I immediately write a thank you note to the Editor. For me, to display this kind of gratitude is critical and is part of my emotional makeup.

What is your best piece of advice on how to stay sane as a writer?
Keep track of what you send, where you send it to, and when you sent it.  I have an accordion folder full of papers (one per submission) that I use 
to keep track of what they received from me and the date and the editor’s name.

What is your favorite book?
I have read The Lord of the Rings Trilogy every 3 years since I was 18.  That must be it!

Who is your favorite author?
Stephen King

If you could have dinner with one fictional character, who would it be and why?
Spock from Star Trek.  I’ve always imagined and hoped there would be alien contact on Earth in my lifetime.


What makes you laugh?
My husband, in the best possible way.

What makes you cry?
People showing compassion for others (in the best possible way)

What is your preferred drink while you write?
Water or tea.

What is your favorite food?
Pizza

Shakespeare or Bukowski?
Shakespeare most days.  But, like everyone else, I have an edge and occasionally C.B. fills the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment