Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Monday, July 17, 2017










Creating "Man In The Bath"

To some, it seems there is no other choice.  I did not know this man, but I wish I could have told him there was.


Extract from "Man In The Bath"

Published October, 2015 in "Blue Pepper."  My first ever published poem.  Thank you, Justin, I still love you for that.  The poem is also written in its entirety in "Big Questions, Little Sleep."

"This asylum,
Still shrouded in darkness,
Newly coated with red algae bloom,
Lies in wait,
For what, it's not known,"



Afterthoughts for "Man In The Bath"


Look for me in the whirlwind or the storm.

Marcus Garvey


The storm came. Lives were washed away. Ancient pains resurfaced. Now it is time for a sea of change.

Tavis Smiley


Be true to yourself. Make each day a masterpiece. Help others. Drink deeply from good books. Make friendship a fine art. Build a shelter against a rainy day.

John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment