Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Welcome!

Some of you will be new to me and my writing will be new to you. It's nice to meet you! Some of you are old friends and you helped me design this blog through your questions and comments about my poetry.

One of the main questions asked by those who have read my work is:

What was your inspiration?
From where did you get the idea for....?

I will, over time, answer those questions for each of my poems.

For those of you not familiar with my work, I will also give a sampling of the poem I am focusing on.

Lastly, I state in my book that Anton Chekhov said, “The role of the artist is to ask questions, not to answer them.”

So, as definitive as these poems may appear, they still leave questions, or questions on questions. 

With that in mind, after writing a poem, I look for quotes that might be appropriately linked to the theme of each poem. I call these afterthoughts because they are other ways of thinking about the topic and they allow for discussion of those answers we all seek.

As a former teacher, I believe that questions are great things and sometimes seeking the answer and developing an answer is more fun than actually getting the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment