Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Friday, May 5, 2023

 


Thank you to Madisun Medved and Riley Morgan for accepting my work for the May issue of Fawn River Review

https://www.fawnriverreview.com/linda-imbler






A Multitude of Stones

 

 

I scan through
many moments’ reflections
to determine my ultimate fantasies,
hoping to use one wish
to gain as many as I need.

 

I muse,
aim to use
my best judgement,
knowing I will be satisfied
should I choose
to embrace goodwill,
endorse what’s bigger than myself.

 

And in a dale full of rocky figures,
I will give each stone the name
of someone I know,
and I will give each name a wish,
greatly increasing the emphasis
on their well being.
Knowing that
focusing on any one of them
does not lessen the significance
of my own stone in the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment