Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, April 6, 2023

 


Thank you to Mark Antony Rossi of Ariel Chart for 

publishing my poem in the April issue.




Broken Patterns

 

Once world weary,

seemingly helpless, hopeless.

 

Once wondering, am I forever in stasis, 

or can I improve my routine?

 

Determined to escape defeat,

I laid forth a plan.

 

I’ll enjoy what I have,

but dig deeper into my dreams, 

in order to mine greater quantities

of a more comprehensive reality.

 

I’ll overthrow patterns of thought, feelings, behaviors,

one obstacle at a time,

that have kept me stuck.

 

I’ll listen with new ears,

sway to eclectic melodies 

squeezed through windows’ gaps,

anticipating the release of songs

which bring promise for a freer me.  

 

I’ll balance upon autobiographical surfboards,

propelling me forward.

 

I was afraid I’d always be an unadventurous person,

but I grew into an independent problem solver,

and joined the ranks of those who own the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment