Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, December 3, 2020

 Thank you to Catina Noble of Fiddles&Scribbles for publishing my work.

https://fiddlesandscribbles.wordpress.com








Transcending My Personal Apocalypse 

I wage all hope against the day I fall.
My leaden halo slipping,
my blood turning to bitter wormwood.
King Abandon feeds his locust constituents from my flesh,
yet, I stay breathing even beyond that plague. 
A scorching blaze offers no quick sell to glory, 
and no inland waters can now host relief. 
It’s shocking how quickly the sea dies once it turns red. 
No way now to pay against Armageddon.
The worst we feared was so much more severe,
with hate’s nova’s flare putting the sun to sleep with one burst. 
So many of us made that sun lapse into darkness,
but the terms of my salvation cannot be now laid silent. 
The illusory satisfaction that I’ll survive makes me bold,
so I offer my hand to lay between all other’s burdens, 
and thus try to transcend to my own apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment