Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Friday, July 3, 2020

Published in Ariel Chart last year.





Flaws

Think only good of me.
Forgive the cruel pangs I caused
by my lack of understanding
that one good word costs
no more than one that’s bad.

Pardon my plans never completed.
I had big dreams at times, but then…..
Excuse all the times I was loopy while waking,
when getting up was like crawling out of quicksand.

Let go of the fact
that sometimes I drank too much,
and when I did,
I used my drunken mouth to reveal secrets.

Overlook the predictably exasperating
part of me that seldom told a story
in a linear fashion.

Absolve me for my part 
in the times I lied, the times I should have lied,
not saying what I should have said either time.
Or,
my own singular condemnation of liars,
shouted in my personal dramatic fashion.

Disregard my worrying
far more than merited.


And finally, 
exempt me from the shame
of not realizing
how truly beautiful you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment