Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Sunday, June 28, 2020



Thank you to Paul Brookes of Wombwell Rainbow for publishing this poem today for his National Insect Week Poetry Challenge.

https://thewombwellrainbow.com












Fly Me To The Moon
(One Day in the Life of a Fly)


Born at dawn in this nightclub lounge,
I’ve got a talent that may astound.
I might be only a bug without a stinger,
But, no razzing, I’m quite a singer.
Give me Blues or Dixieland,
A little swing, I’ll swing it, Man!

And as for requests, this one’s the bomb,
Old Bart wrote well when he wrote this song.
A snappy tune worthy of sharin’
Sung also by Frankie and Bobby Darin.

(It was the first song played on the moon
by Buzz Aldrin. Hey—Buzz!  Dig it, Pally!!)

So, you’ve got me, the zippy crooner
Belting out a tune that once went lunar,
Bringing out the smooch in honeymooners,
Making me feel like a floating ballooner.

So, I ain’t a poet,
Don’t I know it!

La-la-la-it’s cold up here in the air.

Wait!! Is that a lounge lizard 
that just sat down in front
and is sticking out his tou..?!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment