Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Monday, April 20, 2020

Thank you to Quail Bell Magazine for publishing my poem today.

http://www.quailbellmagazine.com/the-unreal-20/poetry-if-only-for-modestys-sake-by-linda-imbler





If Only For Modesty’s Sake

I am undeserving of the sky.
My wings have followed
the history of Icarus.
I was so much like him.
My flight would always be noteworthy.

But, now I walk where green or golden foliage,
and assortments of rocks
litter the land
which tremble under dragons’ strides.

I wish for new magick,
an alchemy transmuting
those rocks and leaves into feathers.

For Icarus was not wrong,
just arrogant,
and if I fly with modesty.
I just might stay airborne.

No comments:

Post a Comment