Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Thank you to Editor Amanda Rodeheffer-Olson for publishing two of my poems in Fourth & Sycamore.  Here is one of them:

https://fourthandsycamore.com/2019/07/30/the-poetry-of-linda-imbler/





Let Me Be Your Blanket
Let me be your blanket,
and keep the deep chill
of others’ coldheartedness
from freezing your growth.
I will dry your dangling tears,
before they stiffen against your eyes
and obscure the beauty of the world.
I will give you freedom:
from cloudy opinion,
and middlebrow mindlessness,
to share with me the music
you hear when you’re alone,
if that is your wish.
I will give you books:
And you can stuff your shelves,
for as you read,
so shall you do.
and you will learn.
I will give you flowers:
roses as sentries along your drive,
glistening crystals of dew upon their skins,
flourishes of daisies and orchids.
I will give you moonlight:
Meek astral beauty,
within the full moon of May,
after the mauve sunset
is reflected upon the top of the sea.
Let me be your blanket
and cover you with sheer glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment