Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Thank you to The McKinley Review for posting two of my poems in their Summer Issue #6.

https://www.themckinleyreview.com/issue-6-summer-2019

Here is one of them:




Paper Dolls Left in the Rain
By: Linda Imbler | Posted on: Summer 2019
I must remember to grab the right half of truth,
that clarity sometimes breathed at dawn.
And remember the radiant substance 
of our friendship.

Knowing you long ago,
and all the colorless girls and boys,
and what transpired 
within a mere fraction of my life,
might seem to others as weak,

but what power it held.

Hearing of your silent death
throws such wistfulness my way,
and I can no longer truly feel
our reminiscences without you at the other end.

And though I wish to stop 
and really relive my best years,
the ritual of time is pulling me along,
pulling me beyond 
the demarcation line 
between childhood to adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment