Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Friday, March 16, 2018


Published in Creative Talents Unleashed



The Ticking of Winter’s Clock

My mother died in Winter.
My mother far away.

Spring was to rise in only a few weeks.


It was the fourth of March.
Brown grass and leafless trees
were in endless array outside.

I could hear
the ticking of the clock

as I waited
for the phone to ring.

I have my father,
I told myself.

My father died in Winter.
My father far away.

It was the seventh of March
and again, the green was still to come.

And again,
I could hear 
the ticking of the clock

as I waited
for the phone to ring.


Then, I was alone.

© Copyright, Linda Imbler, All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, Linda! Is this your collection here?: http://www.somapublishing.com/2018/03/the-seas-secret-song.html. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Karlo. Yes, that is my collection. I hope you will read it and enjoy it. Your interest is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, will do. Thank you very much, too!

    ReplyDelete