Linda

POETRY IS WHAT THE SOULS OF THE ANCIENTS SPEAK TO THOSE STILL SEEKING WHAT IS MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD. FROM: LINDA

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Creating "Atop the Hill"

This one pretty much wrote itself.  Who is this?  A sentry, a guardian, a gatekeeper?  Or perhaps just a plain, old observer?  This poem speaks of suffering.

Extract from "Atop the Hill"


"I see much from my place atop the hill
Harried mothers squawking
Old men numb with loneliness
Laced lovers convinced of privacy."

Afterthoughts for "Atop the Hill"

I'm a voyeur. I say that with no embarrassment. If I could have a superpower, being invisible would be it, 
no question. I'm fascinated by human behavior; observing people and seeing how much story gets told 
without a lot of dialogue, and how much our brain fills in. 


Thomas Schlamme



Of the two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.

Louise Gluck


My Drawing:


No comments:

Post a Comment